Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rainy Day Food

Days like today call for something warm and gooey to eat, like this cheddar potato soup. Beware, I created the recipe myself. Proceed with caution! ;-)

Cheddar Potato Soup

Ingredients:

1 package Bear Creek potato cheddar soup mix*
1 package frozen corn
4 russet potatoes
8 cups water


*Also good is Bear Creek broccoli cheese soup mix... either works just fine. And really it can be any brand.

Now, I've used my crock pot again to make this chowder-like soup, so all I had to do was cut the potatoes into chunks before dumping in all my ingredients and switching the power setting to low. But, if you're the instant gratification type, you can boil the 8 cups of water on the stove to create the soup base. After cutting up the potatoes, cook over medium heat in hot oil for 20 minutes or so. Add the potatoes and the package of corn to the soup and let it cook until it thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.

Best when eaten on the couch while watching a good movie and avoiding the nasty weather. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I dont usually love foods described as "gooey" but I think I will try this one!!!! Maybe if im feeling extra carb-y I will eat it out of a sourdough bread bowl. Yumzoes!

    ReplyDelete