Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Paws

On any given day, Holly can often be found curled up in her favorite sleeping spot - her cave underneath my old brass bed. My favorite thing to see when I get out of bed in the morning, or when I get into bed at night, is the sight of these paws sticking out from underneath the bed:


Because of this anti-social, cave-loving behavior, a friend of mine once nicknamed her Loch Ness, which unfortunately has since been added to the lengthy list of endearing names I have for her. (Truly, it's surprising the dog does not have an identity crisis.)


Here's a close-up of the cutest paws in the world. Sometimes I like to think of them as "Grinch paws" due to all the sprouts of hair, like Mr. Grinch's fingers. We have to keep them trimmed or else she slides around the hardwood floors.


On another day, I'll tell you all the other lovely perks of having such a hairy dog. Get excited.

1 comment:

  1. Has Holly ever done anything weird like jump into a lake before????
    That would make for a great post. ;)

    Also how about a guest-submitted photo of what Holly's hair looks like when it is all over your kitchen floor/stuck in my bra for 30 years.

    xox Nestow/Bertie/Bestow

    ReplyDelete