Monday, March 8, 2010

Outfit of the Day: Charlestonian Style

Disclaimer: I must admit that this is not my outfit of TODAY. In fact, it is an outfit from about a month ago, but if you saw my outfit at the moment, you'd scoff at my sweatpants-and-orange-socks combo.

Moving on.

After interviewing for what is now my first adult job, I had the weekend off and was ready to relieve my stress. I drove five hours to spend the weekend in Charleston with one of my best friends from high school, Elise, who also happens to be a fashionista (and a model for Charleston Fashion Week!).

On my way out of town, I spotted this bad boy driving down the road. What IS this?! It was huge. And ominous.

We spent the day Saturday lounging and watching a What Not To Wear Marathon. Great advice from Stacy: "You always have to go, but you don't always have to match." LOVE that!

We did Saturday night Charleston-style, with great fashion, great food and great places. Our first stop was dinner at a quaint little Italian restaurant, where I had the most delicious fresh ravioli with pesto.

After letting that settle, we went over to Kaminsky's for dessert, where I had the most delicious Tollhouse Cookie Pie:

Next was a bar called Shine, which had the most fabulous decor:

Look at those chandeliers!

And those window treatments!

The bathrooms were fabulous, too. Just testing out the lighting.

Shoes: Colin Stuart for Victoria's Secret
*Note: Nude heels do amazing things for legs. They make them seem longer!

The wallpaper was amazing, so of course we had to do a photo shoot. It reminded me of my scrapbooking papers!


My outfit:
Headband: LOFT
Bell-sleeve top: LOFT
Skirt: Moda International for Victoria's Secret
Crossbody purse: vintage Coach, found at Agora in Athens

Elise's outfit:
One-shoulder knit dress: American Apparel (current)
Tights: American Apparel

I love these two.

This one makes the magic happen at Charleston Fashion Week.

He'll be getting me backstage on March 17th. :-) Love you, Travis!

After getting home, we had to have a late-night snack of brie en croute with raspberries, strawberries and wine. Yum.

In terms of a relaxing and fabulous weekend, it just doesn't get better than that, ladies and gentlemen.

1 comment:

  1. oh, my god.
    well, that one picture is rather adorable; one of my friends said it made her want to hug you.
    and that evil military-looking bus situation is creepish. you should've followed it for more info!

    ReplyDelete